Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Who God Gave Me



 There is not a doubt in my mind that God wanted Ben and me to be together. I'm so grateful for our relationship and marriage. He truly is my best friend and encompasses every quality I could ever hope to find in a husband. He keeps God first in his life and strives to be the best husband and dada possible....and he accomplishes that. He is so giving, caring and understanding. Ben has been my unwavering, steady companion through two pregnancies and deliveries that were full of nausea, cravings, stress about needles, compression socks, sleepless nights, body pillows, and aches and pains. And he never complained once as I would vent to him about all of that. Instead, he stood by my side, brought me Lucky Charms and Cocoa Pebbles, and slept on about 1/8 of our bed as I surrounded myself with literally 7 different pillows. Little things like that show me how much he loves me and just how unconditional and selfless his love is.

He is the same in his love as a dad. Ava and Finn are the lights of his life. Ben is an exceptional Dada. He doesn't just play with our babies, he helps in every aspect. Laundry, diapering, feeding, burping, cleaning and bathing are nothing out of the ordinary for him. I love that Ava and Finn have such an incredible role model to look up to.

Ben works so hard for our family and never complains about it. He has three jobs right now and a crazy sleep schedule. If that were me, I know is be exhausted and grumpy; but he is never like that at all.
I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I'm so glad I have him. I am so blessed to be his wife and I love him more than I could ever express. I pray every day that Ava and Finn find a love like this someday and learn to be the best spouses and companions possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment